Thursday, November 26, 2009

Party Crashers: Tareq and Michaele Salahi Crash White House Dinner

I must say, I'm a little bit in awe.

Mr. Gonzo and I have "crashed" plenty of events where we weren't exactly invited or had entry credentials in hand. Corporate parties (we lost our invitations):



The VIP section or onstage at concerts (me onstage at a Lionel Richie concert, against my will - I swear, I was pushed up there):



(Sorry about the blurriness - I was a little stunned to find myself onstage.)


Numerous parties taking place near events we're actually supposed to be at:

[photos not available - too scandalous]

Tareq and Michaele Salahi, however, take the cake (so to speak) when it comes to party crashing. The couple - uninvited and not on the guest list - managed to get themselves into a White House state dinner on Tuesday night.

Maybe things have changed since I was at the White House (have they EVER!) in 2007



but I had to do everything but sign away my first-born child to get inside, and even then, I was very aware of the snipers on the rooftop and the Secret Service agents around every corner.

I'm certain an investigation is underway to determine how, exactly, Tareq and Michaele Salahi crashed the White House event, but DAMN if it isn't lucky that all they wanted to do was get their photos taken with Joe Biden, Katie Couric, Rahm Emmanuel, the D.C. Mayor and some other notables.

Can you imagine how frightening it would have been if they had been dangerous people, with malicious intentions against our president and country?

You know - Tea Partiers.





Be sure to check out TheGonzoMama.com for more of Gonzo's musings!

No comments: